As a self-proclaimed dreamer and University decreed journalist, I always knew there would come a time when I would start my own blog.
I guess that time is now.
For the past 7 weeks I have interned as a reporter at the Ottawa Herald and let's face it, sometimes as a reporter we have some downtime. In between waiting for new assignments and sources to return my phone calls, I've re-committed myself to Twitter and I also decided starting a blog might be another productive way to spend my time when I'm not actively working. Just don't tell my boss!
The main reason I've always found it difficult to blog is because while I am a writer, I'm also a thinker. As a young girl I had a diary- I think it was an unwritten rule- but I never succeeded in consistently writing in it. When I got older, I either convinced myself I didn't have the time to write down my thoughts or inspiration would strike me at the most inopportune times, like when I'm driving.
Driving, while it can be stressful- I tend to have road-rage due to my lack of patience- can also be very calming for me. There are times when I just turn down the radio and think. I'll go through to-do lists, life-lists, and I've even started a couple articles in the car (Don't worry, I had a recorder at the time). I often don't answer my phone for fear the caller may bring news that could interrupt my "zen time".
Either way, regardless of when inspiration strikes, I am going to attempt to make a conscious effort to write in this blog frequently. A daily blog would be committing myself a bit too much I think.
So, stay tuned. Who knows what crazy things I'm going to come up with :)
No comments:
Post a Comment